MSLG Employment Opportunity Information
Our unique law firm has been attracting an increasing number of inquiries from qualified applicants, but unfortunately we cannot hire everyone. To improve our hiring process we have listed the qualifications that we generally desire, but will consider other relevant qualities in making hiring decisions. Job inquires should be sent via email only. Inquiries sent to the wrong e-mail address may delay response time. Our firm welcomes diversity and often applicants who are fluent in languages other than English and Japanese. We accept applications year around (except for Summer Associate Positions), but please be aware that our needs and available positions fluctuate. The Human Resources Committee will view and respond to applications.
- A California license or plans to be licensed in California. Foreign certified or out of state licensed attorneys, including Japanese attorneys, should plan to take the California Bar Exam within a year.
Foreign attorneys must possess a TOEFL iBT score of 105 or above or an equivalent score from a similar English test.
Attorneys applying for the litigation department should have experience litigating. Foreign attorneys should have experience litigating in their country of certification.
Attorneys applying for the business department should have experience in M&A matters and international business transactions.
Japanese attorneys should have a minimum of 3 years experience, a LLM, or a JD.
A letter of recommendation from a previous employer or university.
An English writing sample.
Proof of legal certification.
All ather documentation required by law.
Desired Legal assistant qualifications
- A degree in Japanese law, political science or journalism or a major that involves strong writing skills.
- School transcripts and diplomas.
- Foreign applicants should possess a TOEFL iBT score of 100 or above or an equivalent score from a similar English test.
- Prior work experience in a law firm is not necessary, but please provide a letter of recommendation if you do possess prior experience.
- Summer associate applicants must apply by March of the desired summer. Summer associate applicants must currently be a JD or LLM candidate, but not a specialized LLM program candidate.
- Summer associate applicants should write a 1-2 page essay describing why they desire to work for MSLG.
Desired Office assistant qualifications
- Provide at least 2 letters of recommendation.
- Possess a degree from a 4 year college or higher.
- Provide a transcript, diploma, or university thesis.
- Preferably possess a college degree in the field of economics, business, or accounting.
- Foreign applicants should possess a TOEFL iBT score of at least 93.
- Prior work experience is not necessary, but please provide a letter of recommendation if you do possess prior experience.